New York, NY
|Date Posted||November 4, 2021|
Our client is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company that connects people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Their differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience.
They are going through a digital transformation and in the process of rebranding and looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences for their ecommerce and self-care sites. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.
The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Qualifications / Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Web Designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools, such as Figma
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
- 3-5 years of web or digital content design experience, previous work on eCommerce sites a plus
- Familiarity with the project management and ticketing tool, Jira
- The ability to lead, collaborate, and influence (with and without formal authority) engineering, design, and product management teams.
- Versed with Adobe, Google, and Contentsquare analytics to make the right recommendations.
- A self-starter who can manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements.