Vice President, Media Strategy
New York, United States
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
Marketing & Media
An employee-owned and employee-centric agency has a seat at the table with their brand partners. The depth & breadth of expertise across all creative, media & communications disciplines enables them to adeptly guide brands through an increasingly fragmented and changing marketing landscape.
Their team of cross-disciplinary experts leverage best practices to deliver outsized results and the company’s commitment to intentionally developing talent has led to unusual tenure and culture-stability.
In support of client growth and evolution of their offering, they are making a strategic leadership hire; a recognized media planning leader to own the strategic direction & all associated workstreams provided to their largest clients. This leader will take full ownership of client engagement success; absorbing business challenges, hunting for actionable insights, considering opportunities afforded across all channels, platforms & data sets to dream-up & deliver effective strategies. Drawing on a network of developed Media Buying, Operations, Digital & Project Management resources, you will lead a sophisticated team of media planning Directors, Supervisors & Planners to ensure the paid media planning approach is leading-edge and well-delivered.
Where you will lead:
- Client Success: Take full ownership of client success, leveraging all agency talent, technology, and services to deliver impactful solutions. Oversee account budgets, staffing and delivery, staying constantly abreast of the status of workstream and the profitability of assigned engagements.
- Informed Strategy: Understand and evaluate client needs & challenges to identify opportunities & capably influence the brand direction. Create & structure media & communications roadmaps to inform the direction of engagements and client marketing investments. Ideate & direct well-supported and well-delivered creative briefs.
- Planning Leadership: Evolve and own the media planning department, setting planning methodologies, resources & best practices; determining how the agency measures audiences and media channels.
- Cross-Discipline Collaboration: Collaborate, manage and ideate with internal agency departments (Planning, Analytics, Buying, etc.) to sell through and activate strategies
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor & develop a multi-level team, holding accountable for high caliber strategic output, thought leadership and operational excellence. Assess the capabilities and needs of the planning department to inform strategic hiring decisions. Train staff in media and marketing practices as well as in the specifics of the Client’s business and industry
- Thought Leadership: Develop and distribute original POVs that unearth key category insights, challenges, opportunities and best practices
- New Business: Play a leading role in new business pitches
- 10+ years cross channel media planning leadership with a depth of knowledge across Digital & Traditional Media channels.
- Client-centric with a nuanced ability to identify and develop well-supported and actionable programs that meet client objectives
- Can capably straddle strategic and executional aspects of media strategies and engagements.
- Rooted in creative and strategic processes with a strong POV on best practices