Vice President, Media Investment
New York, NY
|Date Posted||January 24, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Our client is one of the leading privately owned ad agencies in New York City. They identify the unique needs of consumers and aid top brands to claim and leverage their voices for outsized results. Their diverse team is made up of world-class innovators in Digital, Strategy, Creative, and Media services that value creating effective marketing plans across all channels including digital and traditional media.
A distinctly employee-centric agency has a seat at the table with their brand partners. The depth & breadth of expertise across all creative, media & communications disciplines enables them to adeptly guide brands through an increasingly fragmented and changing marketing landscape.
Their team of cross-disciplinary experts leverage best practices to deliver outsized results and the company’s commitment to intentionally developing talent has led to unusual tenure and culture-stability.
They are seeking a Vice President, Media Investment to oversee the agency’s integrated media activation team, negotiations & operations, developing go to market investment strategy, recommendations, and POV's while providing effective leadership. This VP will keep the agency ahead of a constantly changing media marketplace.
- Motivate & lead agency investment teams, working collaboratively to grow and advance capabilities across Traditional & Digital Media.
- Provide guidance & direct team across all agency media investment engagements
- Direct the daily workflow of campaigns across the video eco-system (linear TV, VOD), including proposal development, campaign activation and post-buy recaps
- Communicate market intelligence and industry trends across the agency and to client partners
- Lead upfront negotiations, delivering exceptional pricing and value
- Provide counsel on marketplace trends and investment strategies for clients and client teams
- Provide thought leadership on alternative buying models by staying abreast of industry developments
- Evangelize the use of advanced data to drive investment strategies, tactical planning and optimizations
- Lead client meetings (pre-upfront briefings, buy presentations) and integrate the planning and buying disciplines, in the development of client strategies
- 10+ years media investment, leadership and management with hands on experience in Broadcast Investment.
- Demonstrated track record of media team leadership, development & growth
- Strong understanding of digital media investment across Display, Programmatic, Search & Social strongly preferred
- Excellent negotiation skills and understanding of how to add incremental value
- Proficiency with pricing, value management and audits.