NYC, United States, United States
|Date Posted||October 19, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Our client is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company that connects people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Their differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience.
They’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities they service. Recently they’ve been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for their outstanding diversity & inclusion program.
They are looking for a UX Manager who will help lead a team of UX and UI designers, strategists and researchers to help collaborate with internal and external partners, while always bringing energy and new ideas to the table no matter the task.
- Provide direction and leadership for a team of UX/UI designers, researchers and strategists
- Lead creative and holistic user experiences across product releases, platforms, and devices
- Understand product specifications and user psychology at its core across prospects and customers
- Organize and manage the build out of holistic internal design systems and style guides
- Lead in-depth concept and usability testing to gather actionable feedback and insights through market and user research
- Define well defined personas through user research and qualitative data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success consistently
- Leverage analytics, customer insights, and user feedback to build simple, yet powerful interfaces for mobile and desktop devices.
- Lead the formation of sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes around customer needs for rapid, iterative user interface definition and improvement
- Manage key conversion points in the upper and lower funnels, including landing pages, CTAs and more
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Communicate interaction concepts across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Use primary and secondary research sources to understand consumer needs to build upon strategic product recommendations
- Evangelize the benefits of UX design across the organization and educate partners on design and research best practices
- Keep abreast of telecommunications and ecommerce products and industry trends to ensure we stay ahead of the game
- 6-8 years’ proven experience as a UX Designer, UI designer or similar role
- 3-5 years’ experience managing or leading user experience teams
- Strong portfolio of UX/UI design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in wireframing software, including Figma, Invision, Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- JIRA experience a plus
- Telecomm experience a plus, but not required