Supervisor, Media Buying
New York, New York
|Date Posted||October 20, 2021|
Marketing & Media
Our client has been ideating, implementing, and optimizing award winning Digital, Social & Mobile media campaigns for over a decade to a top-tier portfolio of clients including Tech, eCommerce and consumer brands including Microsoft, IKEA, Amazon & many others. They are visionary in their ability to advance the way that brands engage with audiences across all screens, particularly mobile.
In addition to their digital prowess, they emphasize employee training and development leading to many employees growing within the company and staying for years.
They are looking for someone to lead Buying functions across a large team, working closely with the individual team leads such as Data and AdOps. You’ll be working on a variety of the agency’s clients and will make buying decisions in order to meet or exceed campaign goals. You’ll be managing all stages of the media buying process from campaign set up through to reporting and post campaign analysis. The ideal candidate will be curious and enthusiastic, with a passion for digital innovation, advertising, data and technology.
- Working collaboratively with relevant internal team leads to successfully deliver digital media campaigns against KPIs such as Planning, Data and AdOps
- Managing and delegating tasks to junior buyers across the full process of campaign delivery and performance, from tracking set up through to billing reconciliation
- Manage relationships key media partners and technology platforms
- Overseeing the reporting of campaigns through Microsoft Excel and other data visualization tools to ensure accurate numbers are delivered to clients in a timely manner
- Generating actionable insights based on aggregate reporting and knowledge of the market that lead to improved performance
- Actively participating on client calls/in person meetings and supporting the Planning team with the preparation of client presentations (i.e. post campaign analyses, quarterly business reviews etc.)
- Keeping on top of industry trends and making recommendations for client testing within buying channels e.g. new ad networks, creative formats, buy models, brand safety partners etc.
- Leading the account’s strategy with regard to industry changes, e.g. Apple’s recent new privacy restrictions/ the upcoming death of third party cookies
- 4+ years digital media experience, agency and performance media preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of the digital media landscape, including mobile
- In-depth understanding of digital investment and how it’s and executed working with internal teams across programmatic, search, social
- Experiencing managing a team of junior buyers, and promoting their growth
- Knowledge of reporting tools; Hands on experience with MS Office a must, Experience with data visualization platforms such as Datorama or Appsumer a plus
- Experience with trafficking through Doubleclick Manager, or with any Mobile Measurement Platform a huge plus
- Highly numerate and an ability to analyze results and derive insights from data
- Ability to build strong relationships with media partners, internal teams and clients
- A desire to work in fast-paced, quickly changing, technology-focused industry
- Proven track record delivering on clients’ KPIs
- Self- starter, committed to achieving results
- Ability to problem solve and proactively seek solutions that improve team efficiency
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment