Media Strategy Director
New York, New York, United States
|Date Posted||March 2, 2021|
Marketing & Media
Our client is a fiercely independent, tech-forward and integrated media agency with a supportive, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture that encourages employee growth and reasonable work-life balance. They are close knit but have a wide reach having placed over $350M in media with top tier clients including NBC, Chase, Jenny Craig, Cutty Sark Whiskey and many others.
They ensure that employees stay comfortable with a competitive benefits package that includes a competitive compensation, health plan, 401k program with match, medical and transportation expense reimbursements as well as an allowance to pursue personal passion projects of your choosing.
•Lead accounts across integrated media strategy by developing targets and strategic approach for go to market
• Responsible for directing the core planning team to help fuel their learning and advancement. Lead by example to ensure they understand various media channels, and their applications against client strategies and goals.
• Work alongside internal teams to develop well rounded plans and strategy that align with the client’s marketing direction and brand goals
• Maintains consultative client relationships, including knowledge of client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.)
• Establish and grow client relationships by demonstrating an understanding of industry and client business issues
- Manage the workload of the team across multiple brands
• Drive innovative, forward thinking solutions to client business problems
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 6-9 years experience at a media agency, with integrated hands-on & strategic planning experience
- Ability to prioritize and organize projects
- Excellent understanding of all media types, strategy and plan architecture fundamentals
- Proven ability in training and leadership
- An up-beat energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the planning function
- Passionate for the marketing, advertising and media business and excited to learn more
- Experience with media research tools (MRI, Kantar, etc.)
- Experience developing full funnel strategy with an emphasis on building brands online and at retail
- Strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills required
- Ability to manage client communication and projects with little supervision from senior leadership