Senior Experience Designer - Award Winning Creative Digital Agency
New York, NY, United States
|Date Posted||January 29, 2021|
Our client, an award-winning creative first digital agency in NYC, is currently seeking a proactive and passionate Mid-Level or Senior UX Designer to join the New York Creative team. The level of this position is based on talent and experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for owning high-profile projects as well as supporting the UX team leads as well as the business development team.
Applicants should have experience utilizing key UX processes, principles, and trends as well as an ability to work fast and manage their own time. We are looking for energetic and talented candidates who have a portfolio of standout work under their belts. There are NO egos on their team (nor are they welcome), so if that sounds good to you, you’ll fit right in!
- Own medium and small-scale projects from start to finish under the guidance of fellow UX/Creative leads
- Plan and execute competitor, market and customer research
- Assist in the design and facilitation of client workshops to understand and inspire our clients’ vision
- Gather and translate customer and business requirements into defined specifications
- Develop and maintain information architecture and prototyping deliverables that push the boundaries of incredible experience using tools such as Sketch and InVision
- Define innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Collaborate with neighboring departments throughout each phase of the project cycle to drive decisions, re-usability, mitigate issues and ensure that business and tech specifications are implemented
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, including client management
We’d like you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in web design in a dedicated UX, IA, or IxD role
- A portfolio of web-based UX work with experience in service design, e-commerce, B2B and B2C
- Solid understanding of key user experience concepts/best practices and how it fits into the world of responsive web design
- Proven, hands on experience in Sketch InVision and Miro with the ability to create the entire information architecture (we build 90%+ of our projects in Sketch + InVision)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and experience in a client-facing role
- Basic knowledge of agile, lean and Iterative methodologies
- Basic understanding of “mobile first” methodologies
- Ability to create a basic clickable prototype
- Ability to articulate your design decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and experience using this in a client-facing role
- Great work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- A detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, possessing strong time management and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience leading UX client integrated creative workshops
- Experience leading internal UX workshops using Design Sprint methodologies (or similar)
- Experience launching a brand from A-Z
PS: You’ll hate this job if you’re a robot!