Senior Project Manager
New York, New York, United States
|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
Marketing & Media
Our client, a Digiday Agency of the year aids top brand partners in enhancing the consumer experience across the digital ecosystem. Their team is made up of some of the most recognized innovators in Digital, Social Media, Creative and PR that value creating innovative approaches through collaboration.
In response to growth, they are seeking a Project Manager to pioneer an entirely new department, running from initial branding to launch. The Project Manager is responsible for translating the client’s needs into a defined scope of work with a full project and staff plan against it. You will ensure appropriate kick-off and milestone tracking, helping to problem-solve and calmly pivot as needed, while working with the full range of integrated teams. This position is charged with delivering against the ask, doing it on time, and within the allocated budget.
The ideal candidate has experience working with a creative team and understands how to manage competing priorities, can anticipate challenges before they arise, and prevent them.
- Lead and manage all internal cross-functional teams during the project lifecycle for all Brand projects. This includes brand creative, digital content, print materials, and productions.
- Create and manage all timelines, tracking of all milestones and ensuring timely delivery
- Manage creative resourcing and project hours for upcoming work
- Scope and budget for new projects, in collaboration with the engagement lead, VP of Operations, and/or the VP of Production.
- Support tracking all budget spends, both Fee and OOP, to prevent overservice or overspending
- Partner with the digital & engagement teams to plan for and kick off projects in a timely fashion
- Work with VP Production on all photo & video shoot needs, as well as post-production projects
- Partner with the VP Operations on annual planning and budgeting
- Partner with Creative Operations to share & manage creative resourcing and project future work
- Track creative time spent to gain and apply learnings to future projects
- Make process recommendations as needed
- Support the VP Operations on agency projects
- Help to create a roadmap for project management success at the agency
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager working in a fast-paced environment with design, advertising and/or marketing teams
- Budgeting and scoping experience for healthcare and pharma a must, as well as digital and social knowledge. Branding experience a plus.
- Experience working with Project Management software (Asana, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Experience managing freelancers
- Resource management for teams of 8+