Senior Media Buyer
New York, New York
|Date Posted||October 20, 2021|
Marketing & Media
Our client has been ideating, implementing, and optimizing award winning Digital, Social & Mobile media campaigns for over a decade to a top-tier portfolio of clients including Tech, eCommerce and consumer brands including Microsoft, IKEA, Amazon & many others. They are visionary in their ability to advance the way that brands engage with audiences across all screens, particularly mobile.
In addition to their digital prowess, they emphasize employee training and development leading to many employees growing within the company and staying for years.
They are looking for a Senior Media Buyer to join the agency’s Buying team. The buying team are responsible for implementing and delivering client campaigns as efficiently and effectively as possible through an in-depth understanding of the digital media market.
You’ll be working across the agency’s largest accounts and will make buying decisions in order to meet or exceed campaign goals. You’ll be managing all stages of the media buying process from campaign set up through to reporting and post campaign analysis. The ideal candidate will have a passion for emerging technology and be extremely comfortable digging deep into the data to gleam insights or troubleshoot anomalies. You will also train and mentor other Media Buyers and Assistant Media Buyers on the team.
- Working collaboratively with all internal teams to successfully deliver digital media campaigns – teams include Planning, Search and Social, Programmatic, Data, Creative and Trading
- Managing campaign delivery and performance, from tracking set up through to reconciliation
- Overseeing the accurate reporting of campaigns through Microsoft Excel and other data visualization tools and generating actionable insights based on data trends and knowledge of the market
- Contributing to client calls and in person meetings (when safe to do so) and helping the Planning team with the preparation of client presentations (i.e. post campaign analyses, quarterly business reviews etc.)
- Handling partner disputes with support from your manager and finding suitable resolutions when they do occur
- Keeping on top of industry trends and making recommendations for client testing within buying channels e.g. new ad networks, creative formats, buy models etc.
- Overseeing the following day-to-day buying tasks on the account(s):
- The day-to-day communication and relationship building with media partners
- Following, and improving, processes to ensure smooth campaign delivery
- Analyzing campaign data to make recommendations to external and internal partners. Troubleshooting data discrepancies, tracking issues etc.
- Working with Ad Ops or measurement partners to deliver trafficking links
- Managing budgets and reallocations in collaboration with Planners
- Reconciling monthly campaign spends and ensuring proper entries into financial system
- Training and supporting buyers and assistant buyers and managing their workload
- 3 year digital media experience, agency and performance media preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, especially with VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
- Highly numerate and an ability to analyze results and derive insights from data
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and people skills
- Team player and positive attitude
- A desire to work in fast-paced, quickly changing, technology-focused industry