Senior Digital Designer
New York, NY, United States
|Date Posted||September 1, 2020|
Our client, an independent creative studio specializing in brand identity & digital marketing that deﬁnes and builds brands, is seeking a Senior Digital Designer.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, innovative creative, who thrives in a highly collaborative environment with working knowledge across all digital mediums from websites, to emails, to rich media, concept to completion. It’s an opportunity to work with top tier DTC brands across categories such as retail, travel, finance, and tech.
Who you are:
- 5 years’ experience of visual digital design experience with an integrated agency or design studio.
- Strategic problem-solver whose past experience and portfolio showcases strong, conceptual thinking featuring examples that showcase UI design, brand identity and design systems.
- Knowledgeable email maverick who understands the opportunities and limitations of email marketing and is influenced by a working knowledge of front-end coding and email development best practices
- Experience working with brand identity and/or design systems
- Track record concepting and delivering forward-looking design solutions with a desire to innovate and incorporate emerging trends in user interface design and rich media content
- Creative extrovert who is comfortable expressing strategic thinking and creative concepts in front of a group of people
- Big-picture thinker who is able to dive into the details when needed, consistent in the delivery of best-in-class, forward-looking design solutions with an eye toward innovative use of trends, technology, and solutions
- Strong command of visual design across typography, color, composition, and imagery
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles and practices, email and web standards, typography and color, and web usability requirements
- Solid understanding of responsive coding, industry standards, and best practices in development.
- Deep understanding of current digital trends across UX & UI
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Creative Leadership in concepting and delivering strategic marketing campaigns, emails, and websites from discovery, UX/UI, visual design, through execution
- Develop conceptual ideas and strong design rationale with a focus on a user-centered design experience
- Translate site requirements into user flows and oversee wireframes, design mockups, and production-ready assets
- Develop strong partnerships with Client Partners to build and strengthen client trust
- Deliver persuasive UX/UI presentations to cross-functional internal teams as well as clients and partners for critique, feedback, and approval
- Lead by example in the delivery of flawless, production-ready creative assets to production and development partners, including necessary annotations/design specifications and final assets for coding
- Prototyping application experience such as Sketch or Figma, etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with conversion control software such as Abstract or Git
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Proficient with email marking platforms such as SalesForce, CheetahMail, BlueCore etc.