Senior Digital Designer
New York, United States
|Date Posted||March 15, 2022|
A well-established independent creative agency, who designs & delivers beautiful & high-performing experiences for Fortune500 & challenger brands is growing. Their culture fosters great retention due to rare loyalty from management, a top-down commitment to fun and promotions based on performance. They are looking for a Senior Digital Designer with an outstanding, conceptual portfolio and working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, innovation-focused contributor, who thrives working with a diverse team across a range of e-commerce, retail, travel, financial service, and technology assignments. The Senior Digital Designer will serve as design lead for websites, email campaigns, and rich media. This is a design role that involves collaborating and leading others, including designers and developers. A solid understanding of responsive coding, industry standards, and development best practices is required.
- Partner with the Creative Leadership in planning, managing, and delivering strategic marketing campaigns, emails, and websites from discovery, UX/UI, visual design, through execution
- Develop conceptual ideas and strong design rationale with a focus on a user-centered design experience
- Translate site requirements into user flows and oversee wireframes, design mockups, and production-ready assets
- Develop strong partnerships with Client Partners to build and strengthen client trust
- Deliver persuasive UX/UI presentations to cross-functional internal teams as well as clients and partners for critique, feedback, and approval
- Lead by example in the delivery of flawless, production-ready creative assets to production and development partners, including necessary annotations/design specifications and final assets for coding
- Skilled professional with a BFA in visual design along with 6+ years of experience with an integrated digital agency or web design studio
- Bold innovator who delivers forward-looking design solutions with a desire to innovate and incorporate emerging trends in user interface design and rich media content
- Strategic problem-solver whose past experience showcases strong, conceptual thinking and flawless work featuring examples of:
- User-centered design principles and practices, email and web standards, typography and color, and web usability requirements
- Use of iOS-based design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch for Teams
- Use of version control software such as Abstract or Git
- Interest in digital marketing, branding, and design systems
- Understanding of email marketing platforms: CheetahMail, Salesforce, Bluecore, etc.
- Familiarity with modern CMS platforms: Craft, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Creative extrovert who is comfortable expressing strategic thinking and creative concepts in front of a group of people
- Big-picture thinker who is able to dive into the details when needed, consistent in the delivery of best-in-class, forward-looking design solutions with an eye toward innovative use of trends, technology, and solutions
- Team performer who’s experienced working with client partners, resource manager, and senior leadership to plan for estimating, resource planning, and project milestones
- Patient collaborator who supports the professional development of team members through mentorship, coaching, and connecting them with resources
- Knowledgeable email maverick who understands the opportunities and limitations of email marketing and is influenced by a working knowledge of front-end coding and email development best practices