Senior Communications Planner
NYC, United States, United States
|Date Posted||October 16, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Our client is one of the leading privately owned ad agencies in New York City. They identify the unique needs of consumers and aid top brands to claim and leverage their voices for outsized results. Their diverse team is made up of world-class innovators in Digital, Strategy, Creative, and Media services that value creating effective marketing plans across all channels including digital and traditional media.
The Senior Communications Planner will be part of the Communications Planning team and work with and cross departmentally with Investment & Execution (online and offline), Analytics and Creative.
- Develop & manage media recommendations by understanding client objectives and translating into media strategies & tactics.
- Possess and communicate an understanding of the market dynamics, target audiences, competitive landscape, and messaging strategy for each brand.
- Establish and grow strong relationships with the clients through daily/weekly communication and by demonstrating industry knowledge and client’s business needs.
- Maintain strong relationships with media vendors to increase knowledge and identify new media opportunities and relevant testing initiatives.
- Make use of available syndicated media research data, and other resources to build the optimal reach, frequency, and media mix.
- Work closely and coordinate with the biddable media team to ensure best practices are maintained throughout implementation process and that optimizations and insights are reported back to the client.
- Ensure efficient and clear lines of communication are maintained with all internal and external teams working on each account.
Who You Are:
- Analytical and proactive thinker with a self-starter personality.
- A passion for media and marketing and desire to learn and grow in position/agency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Flexible working both independently and with a team
- Good time management skills. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of media planning experience in an advertising agency (traditional & digital a plus).
- PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel and powerpoint).
- Media vendor negotiation experience a plus.
- Prior experience with Media Software Programs a plus, such as MediaTools, IMS Clear Decisions, Gfk MRI/Simmons, Nielsen Media Impact, Nielsen AdIntel, Pathmatics