Senior Communications Manager, Marketing
|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
Marketing & Media
Our client is a top pet food brand that aims to uphold a special connection with pet parents through creative marketing strategies. Their passionate team values developing effective marketing that reinforces their brand’s voice to advance their position in the market. The brand is experiencing double digit growth and is rapidly increasing media and marketing spend to take advantage of opportunities to win the hearts and minds of pet owners both on and offline.
The marketing department is in need of a talented, knowledgeable and self-motivated Senior Communications Manager. The position will offer the individual a unique experience of working on national brands with the ability to have dramatic influence on the business, as well as involvement in all aspects of a small organization. This is a unique opportunity for a talented, pet loving self-starter to join a great team at an entrepreneurial company that is revolutionizing the pet food category.
And it may go without saying, but: Must Love Pets!
- Lead PR strategy, owning relationship with our external PR agency partner to drive both the yearlong campaign and all special announcements & media activations
- Lead Influencer Marketing efforts, managing any external agencies and vendors to build our presence and word-of-mouth across various digital platforms
- Strategize and head up our new Affiliate Marketing effort, with the help of our external media agency partners
- Own strategic Partnerships for the brand, including the relationship with our spokes-vet, and any future partnerships with celebrity endorsers or like-minded brands
- Manage PR Events and any real-world stunts, acting as point-of-contact for the brand
- Be the brand on-camera spokesperson, speaking to media on behalf of the brand when opportunities arise
- Marketing communications liaison for our corporate initiative
- Exceptional fundamental skills are imperative; leadership, budget/project management, presentation development, business analysis and problem solving
- 7+ years working in PR at the agency/brand level
- Strong marketing acumen, creative problem solver and independent worker but highly team oriented
- Demonstrates energetic leadership and effective decision making, using a 'can-do' attitude that positively influences and energizes their team
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Passion for pets and belief that they deserve the best food on the planet!
Location & Travel
While currently remote, the position will be corporately based in Secaucus, NJ. Ability to travel 10%, if needed.