Residential Property Manager
New York City, United States
|Date Posted||June 1, 2021|
Our client is an impressive real estate property manager and they are looking to add an experienced Residential Property Manager to their team starting immediately. This position is on-site and in person.
Due to the nature of this position, only candidates with previous experience will be considered.
The individual in this position will be accountable for all aspects of the property’s operations, including resident satisfaction and retention, supervision of building staff and vendors, repairs and maintenance and overall financial performance of the property or portfolio.
- Reports to the Senior Property Manager and Portfolio Manager
- Execute all aspects of management services delivery for the portfolio
Communications & Tenant Services Tasks
- Maintain regular communication with Property Owner/Client to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Screen applicants and prepares, processes, modifies and signs lease agreements, renewals and related forms.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of lease administration including critical date master scheduling, lease notification and renewal notices.
- Respond to tenant requests and coordinate with Property Management, Building Staff Teams, and Vendors to schedule maintenance and resolve issues.
- Prepare correspondence and memos to tenants and vendors.
- Participation in Board Meetings.
- Consistently uphold and apply the company’s policies regarding appropriate professional behavior to ensure that the values of the firm are exhibited by the actions of the staff.
Financial & Marketing Tasks
- Support and develop the planning, budgeting, and control of operating and capital expenditures. Including the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, and reports.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable, including the collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of market conditions to lead business adjustments and marketing models and ensure the property remains competitive and in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Create, design, and execute marketing campaigns for leasing of rental units.
Compliances & Vendors Tasks
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis and make recommendations to enhance the asset.
- Assist in the Fire and Life Safety training and maintain the building emergency response plans and procedures, along with its related documentation of compliance.
- Ensure all residents living in buildings meet compliance and eligibility requirements as established by the appropriate local, state and/or federal agencies.
- Maintain and support the compliance of property safety standards and all state and local building codes and rental regulations.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and tenants.
- Oversee selection and performance of vendor services.
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards are being met.
- Document and track all certificates of insurance from vendors and tenants.
Work with an excellent, highly experienced team.
Due to the nature of this position, only candidates with previous experience will be considered. Excellent Candidates will have required certifications and licenses, Tax Credit experience, Section 8 experience, and/or Public housing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years multi-family residential leasing and property management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, real estate, or finance.
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principles and possesses the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business decisions.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficient in Yardi, Avidxchange, Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, Adobe and DocuSign.
- Enthusiasm and ability to create and communicate complex financial information.
- Must be able to travel within the NYC area to cover multiple sites.
- Accredited Resident Manager or similar designation is preferred.