New York, NY
|Date Posted||June 27, 2022|
Finance & Accounting
Challenging conventional digital methods by merging the best talent from strategy, media, creative, design and DTC, our client is an independent full-funnel marketing, advertising, and design company that creates breakthrough campaigns! Going against tradition, they created a new way of working to bridge the gap between meaningful storytelling, data-led optimizations, and commerce. Curiosity, relentless creativity, and data informed decision-making defines their culture and people.
They are looking for a Payroll Manager to join their team. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for preparing, processing and maintaining payroll. This is a role for someone CURIOUS to learn more, BRAVE ENOUGH TO INNOVATE, and choose IDEAS OVER EGOS.
The Payroll Manager will partner with the Director, People in processing payroll for our full-time, part-time employees, in addition to our contingent/freelance teams. This position will administer both semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll ensuring that pay is processed on time, accurately and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Own the payroll function and serve as the main point of contact for all payroll related matters
- Process semi-monthly, final and ad-hoc disbursement of multi-state payroll in Ceridian, including, but not limited to garnishments, tax liens, deductions, benefits, terminations and taxes for US
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely way
- Ensure payroll tax returns are filed accurately, timely and in compliance with tax authorities
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Work closely with the HR US team as well as our international finance and payroll teams.
- Facilitates audits and work with our tax advisors on all state and federal payroll tax matters to ensure the Company is compliant in all latest tax development and legislations
- Perform payroll analysis and research as required
- Conduct periodic audits of all payroll records and assist in preparing payroll and financial audits
- Collaborate with other teams on cross-functional payroll matters and provide company wide training on payroll policies and procedures
- Assist in ad hoc projects such as documenting workflows, registering in new states for payroll taxation, improving processes/procedures and system implementations
- Coordinate with Finance in the recording of payroll, and 401k transactions within agency financial platform
- Receive, review and process freelancer/contractor invoices, benefits invoices and other semi-monthly/monthly billings
- Maintain and update our HRIS and payroll systems data to include new hires, terminations, promotions/salary changes, title changes, benefits, and garnishments
- Handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Serve as the point of contact for payroll related inquiries
WHO YOU ARE
- 3 years of experience processing medium to large size company payroll
- Experience with G Suite, including Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets is a plus
- Experience with Ceridian/Dayforce is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel in analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt to rapidly-changing environments
- Ability to multi-task with attention to details and minimal supervision