Lead Distribution Center Associate
New York City, United States
|Date Posted||March 18, 2021|
Our client is New York City’s largest food rescue organization helping to rescue 144 million pounds of food and deliver it, free of charge, to hundreds of food pantries, soup kitchens, and other community partners across the five boroughs. Our client is seeking a Lead Distribution Center Associate.
- Responsible for directing workflow as laid out by Warehouse Management.
- Lead as the point of contact in absence of Warehouse Management.
- Load and unload trucks as directed.
- Responsible for receiving, moving, storing, and loading merchandise with the use of a (hi/lo) or other material lift machinery as directed.
- Inspect goods for damages, report, and document findings.
- Maintain aspects of the warehouse space.
- High school diploma or equivalent (may have additional formal training or coursework)
- 2-4 years of warehouse work experience
- Ability to perform manual labor: lift 50+ lbs, repetitive work, operate equipment.
- Read and file reports/
- Experience in operating electric pallet jacks and forklifts within OSHA guidelines.
Full-time, overnight shifts
$41,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year