Head of Campaign Strategy
New York, NY
|Date Posted||January 7, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Our client is an independent, higher education-focused global company, headquartered in the UK, that fosters a supportive, entrepreneurial culture, and actively encourages employee growth. A close-knit team that dives deep into brands and their audience utilizes unrivalled insights and data to develop game-changing media strategies.
Currently they are seeking a Head of Campaign Strategy responsible for the strategy and day to day function of the campaign & media planning team. The team is responsible for delivering creative, innovative media plans that deliver fantastic outcomes for clients, as well as making the campaigns as successful as possible.
The client’s media plans are brave, bold, creative, and deliver on results. They are looking for an innovative, experienced Head of Campaign Strategy who can instill creativity on all forms of media, and challenge clients to think differently about how they approach their advertising strategies. Attention to emotional connection and action are key to structuring campaigns, and the Head of Campaign Strategy will pioneer data partnerships, and innovative solutions to make this happen.
Leading the strategy whilst managing day to day operational clients. This role does both. They are looking for a strategic advertiser who also has the keen attention to detail to provide the best quality service to our clients, leading by example for the rest of the media planning team.
- Innovating new media and channels to include in campaign plans (including being the main point of contact and source for new media channels).
- Being the point of contact for our media partners in the US. Digital (Search, Social, Display) and Offline (Out of Home, Press, Radio etc).
- Proactively sourcing new partners and agreeing effective partnerships.
- Embedding Creative and Content into every plan we do. This includes content themes and ideas, and generally approaching media plans with a ‘content first’ mentality.
- Ensuring the team are providing expert consultancy and advise that goes beyond just CPC’s and CPM’s, focusing on Lead and Applicant Quality and cost of acquisition, as well as creative performance and observations across all channels.
Retaining, Growing and Winning Clients
- Contribute to RFP’s and new business pitches, with innovative creative & media campaign strategies
- Tracking and reviewing client satisfaction on campaigns and service levels and producing solutions and mitigations to ensure client satisfaction and renewal.
- Producing strategies to increase client spend on creative and media, seeing a marked growth in this across the client portfolio.
- Presenting quarterly to all our clients on new advertising and creative innovations, both in and out of the education sector.
- Interrogate briefs
- Creating new projects
- Research (using research tools and pre-existing data)
- Media Plan Creation / Amends
- Media Plan QA
- Creative Quote Creation
- Ad Ops Quote Creation
- Strategy Proposal / Rationale Creation
- Manage entire creative process - review/feedback
- Bi-weekly calls with clients
- Review campaign performance
- Review lead quality metrics
- Add expert insights
- Write additional commentary
- Contribute to RFPs
- RFP Pitches
- Reviewing creative assets and strategies
- Weekly 1-1s with individual team members
- Set individual team objectives and ensure team is delivering on these
- Resourcing - determine who manages new media plans
- Manage active media plans (capacity)
- Training (leading training sessions and facilitating training with SMEs)
- Provide training to AMs/ADs on wider team process
- Point of escalation
Wider Process Management
- Liaise with other Heads Of to fine tune new processes
- Ensure US Planners are aligned with wider advertising business plan
- Identify areas that need improvement - eg US PCAs to be revamped
- Maintain relationships with suppliers
- Identify new relationships with suppliers
- Lead on strategic direction of the US Planning team
- 6+ years’ experience in Media Planning / Buying
- 4+ years’ experience in Creative / Content Marketing
- Proficiency and qualifications in running and managing campaigns in Google, Facebook, and other forms of digital media.
- Management Experience
- Proven track record and examples of innovative, creative marketing campaigns, preferably in the education sector, but other sectors where purchases are a significant investment.