Director, Brand Lead
New York, New York, United States
|Date Posted||May 2, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Our client is one of the most innovative global media companies in the world; that lives at the intersection of sports & entertainment that aims to empower greatness in every individual — from creators to consumers. Developed by a philanthropic athlete and his longtime business partner, this dynamic brand is to inspire & ignite cultural movements and social progress by amplifying voices of the unheard through the creation of culturally inspiring content, advocating for diversity and being the defining brand for a new generation.
They are seeking a results-obsesses Director, Brand Lead for their brand consultancy division. As part of the consultancy’s leadership, you will lead a team charged with partner stewardship and growth, ensuring objectives and plans meet the high standards of thought leadership and culturally impactful creative.
- Support and develop partner-facing brand leads including: setting and approving deliverables, managing business affairs and account planning.
- Develop and effectively manage the brand lead team
- Establish trust and rapport with external partners (stakeholders and decision-makers) maximizing offering and identifying incremental opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders (VP, Creative, Head of Strategy, project management leads)
- Be a key contributor to agency’s long-term strategic planning process
- Cultural fluency is a must: the ability to identify trends and discern opportunities that result in impact
- You’re great at game planning and can balance short-term opportunity with a long-term vision for growth
- You’re a persuasive, confident communicator as well as a strong, empathetic listener
- You’ll be an effective coach and can rally consensus across multiple teams/functions (i.e. creative, strategy, project management, production)
- You’ll take ownership of ensuring the agency’s maxims and values- most importantly,empowering greatness in every individual- are core to the ways of working, collaboration, and overall mindset
- 7-10 years experience serving in a lifestyle, culture, or entertainment-led organization or related sector (brand, agency, consultancy, media)
- Experienced people/team leader; can drive effective cross-functional collaboration
- Category expertise in consumer technology, gaming, web3 preferred
- Demonstrates a practical understanding of trends across the cultural and creative landscapes, and how they connect to a brand & marketing plan
- Seasoned marketing business affairs management and understanding of best practices (this includes: contract and term generation and review, efficient budgeting and expense management, billing, third-party vendor management)