Executive Assistant Manager
New York City, United States
|Date Posted||March 14, 2021|
Our client, a global alternative asset manager with nearly $575 billion in assets under management is seeking an Executive Assistant/Manager to support a team of executives AND manage other Executive Assistants.
This role is fully on-site in Downtown, Manhattan
Candidate MUST have experience managing a team of admins to qualify for the role.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, strategic and be able to problem-solve. The ability to interact with employees (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Directly responsible for supporting senior executives
• Responsible for calendar management in Outlook, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants globally, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings with attention to different time zones
• Create and modify PowerPoint presentations (i.e., Marketing Materials etc.) including the incorporation and formatting of charts, graphs, and images. Attention to detail and a critical eye are required to review formatting, proofing, etc.
• Accurately create, format, and maintain detailed Excel reports and WORD documents utilizing advanced technical skills
• Organize heavy travel arrangements as required and update executives’ calendar with details
• Utilize analytical skills and have a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate the needs of the executives and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executives in addressing issues
• Manage email filing and document preparation for internal and external meetings
• Provides administrative support to other groups when time warrants, during absences, holidays etc.
• Work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance
• Manage invoicing and payment flow for PFG. Experience with Serengeti and Dynamics is a plus
• Managing a team of Executive Assistants including distributing work assignments, assessing skills, providing feedback, training, and development
• Interview and hire new Executive Assistants within Private Funds partnering with the Director of Administration and HR
• Schedule and provide opportunities for employees to attend courses to improve skill set and team building
• Obtain and deliver feedback from the business unit. Set metrics for improvement and goal setting for continued growth
• Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor
• Create routine check-in meetings with individual team members
• Review and approve timesheets and time off requests
• Create spreadsheets as requested by the Director regarding future team growth and hiring needs
· (7+) years’ experience supporting at the executive level
· The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role
· Ability to balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects
· Demonstrate an awareness of the fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall firm to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
· Able to prioritize emails and tasks. Responding to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately
· Overtime as needed