eCommerce Data Analyst
NY, New York, United States
|Date Posted||September 29, 2021|
Marketing & Media
Our client is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company that connects people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Their differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience.
Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers, they’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities they service.
They're seeking a Senior Data Analyst to play a key role in the success of the eComm sales channel. Using cutting edge analytic tools this candidate will continuously look for ways to improve the conversion rates and optimize the customer journey on Optimum.com, Suddenlink.com and the mobile site as well as the buyflow of each site.
- Monitor, analyze and interpret site traffic with reporting platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Suite
- Work closely with ecommerce operations to monitor, track and report on the impact of changes made to the only buyflows
- Participate in all development and implementation of changes and enhancements to Web sites, with primary focus on best analytics development approach
- Work closely with Media team on building various audiences for activation in marketing campaigns via Adobe Audience Manager in order to enhance campaign performance to drive sales and reduce waste/costs on paid media
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for various areas of the sites and help manage to the existing KPIs used by ecommerce today
- Perform analysis on gathered KPIs and be responsible to sharing and creating dashboards. Provide reporting on marketing efforts to track ROI and customer value
- Identify trends in customer patterns that positively or negatively impact sales and develop detailed action plans to take advantage of the positive and eliminate/mitigate the negative
- Analyze and report on the impact of marketing campaigns as it relates to conversion on the sites and buyflows
- Manage A/B testing in the buyflows and provide reporting on performance. Suggest improvements based on test results to maximize efficiency.
- Gather requirements from product, marketing and media team for site, mobile or apps tagging, tracking and analytics of customer behavior for all online experiences
- Assist in implementing the framework using java and java script to add the necessary Omniture tagging. Translate analytics requirements into technical specs and working with technical team to implement analytics
- Responsible to QA/UAT testing for analytics. Manage quality assurance testing and bug tracking for all technical projects and site enhancements relating to tracking and analytics.
- Determine benchmark for traffic, conversion, etc from specific pages of the websites and monitor regularly to ensure health of the site
- Identify issues that affect customer experience; communicate and troubleshoot with Product, Marketing and Sales teams
- Understand the data and help drive tactical and strategic ecommerce business decisions based on data
- Perform AdHoc analysis and reporting to troubleshoot issues on the sites
- Analyze and interpret data and create action plans based on this data to drive sales
- Work closely with ecommerce leadership to drive business decisions based on analytics
- Work with cross functional teams such as IT, Marketing, Product
Qualifications / Requirements
- Master degree in a relevant business or technical discipline such as Statistics, Marketing, Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with web analytics tools such Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Mixpanel or similar tools
- Understanding of internet technologies and digital analytics
- Experience in operating and maintaining ecommerce websites
- Proven track record in successful cross-functional project management of Web site development projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High energy, positive attitude and an aptitude to champion projects.
- Excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while keeping superiors informed and up-to-date.
- Experience successfully managing an operations staff
- Experience defining compelling visions for product portfolios that drive business results
- Experience in product management/product development roles
- Experience in java and java script, HTML
- Experience in CMS such as Drupal, AEM
- Software development lifecycle experience
- Experience operating websites
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities.