Director, Programmatic Investment & Innovation
NYC, United States, United States
|Date Posted||November 17, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Our client is one of the leading privately owned ad agencies in New York City. They identify the unique needs of consumers and aid top brands to claim and leverage their voices for outsized results. Their diverse team is made up of world-class innovators in Digital, Strategy, Creative, and Media services that value creating effective marketing plans across all channels including digital and traditional media.
An employee-owned and employee-centric agency has a seat at the table with their brand partners. The depth & breadth of expertise across all creative, media & communications disciplines enables them to adeptly guide brands through an increasingly fragmented and changing marketing landscape.
Their team of cross-disciplinary experts leverage best practices to deliver outsized results and the company’s commitment to intentionally developing talent has led to unusual tenure and culture-stability.
In support of growth, they are making a consequential leadership hire; a Director, Programmatic Investment & Innovation at the forefront of programmatic innovation to drive disruptive digital media ideas to create dynamic customer journey's for top consumer brands.
This leader will take full ownership of the performance of the biddable media team; absorbing client business challenges, hunting for actionable insights, considering opportunities across existing & emerging platforms & data sets to dream-up & deliver effective strategies.
Drawing on a network of developed Digital Media, Buying, Operations & Project Management resources, this person will lead a sophisticated team of media buyers to ensure the biddable media approach is leading-edge and well-executed.
- Manage a team of experts, including Directors and Managers/Supervisors, that own Biddable (programmatic, search, social & retailer) execution of client campaigns
- Assume accountability and ownership of Biddable operational successes and failures
- Identify opportunities related to platform technology, data and media inventory sources and pursue opportunities for value creation on behalf of clients
- Responsible for the growth of current and prospective accounts, ensuring the right team is in place for each client
- Advocates for best-in-class use of data to surface audience insights and uncover new audience segments. Dedicated to leveraging leading Ad Tech stacks to achieve this goal.
- Partner with teams on both internal and external initiatives
- Schedule and participate in new business pitches and client insights sessions
- Continuously and creatively improve how Biddable & audience targeting is adopted
- Ensure all teams are adhering to best practices in data strategy, optimization and biddable marketplaces
- Oversee training, mentoring and development of direct reports
- Lead Advocacy, education, and client management needs
- 8-12 years in digital media investment with a focus on large scale, direct to consumer, Programmatic & Search programs
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports in a rapid growth environment
- Deep experience in the DSP and exchange-based media buying industry.
- A digital media thought leader, with a strong drive to redesign the digital communications landscape
This salary ranges from $150-170k, based on experience.