Digital Project Operations Manager - FILLED
New York, New York
|Date Posted||October 14, 2021|
Marketing & Media
Our client is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company that connects people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Their differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience.
They’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities they service. Recently they’ve been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, Diversity Inc Magazine, and Cablefax for their outstanding diversity & inclusion program.
With the growth of the company, the client is seeking a Digital Project Operations Manager to join their eCommerce Web Operations team. The Digital Project Operations Manager is responsible for managing over several digital projects, and a team of four dedicated Project Managers and reports to the Director of Website Operations.
The Manager – Digital Project Operations will work within an entrepreneurial team, and have access to the resources and tools of the larger company to define and turn ideas, into great experiences that improve the performance of the company’s digital platforms.
The Manager – Digital Project Operations must be able to demonstrate proven digital vision, strategy, and execution across platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet, apps). This position requires strong business leadership, technology acumen, and an ability to provide the appropriate level of influence at all levels. The Manager – Digital Project Operations is responsible for overseeing from a high level, obtainment, and documentation of business requirements, creating and management of project timelines and other key project documents, maintenance of meeting agendas and notes, assisting in QA or UAT as needed, and providing post-release support/status reporting.
The Manager – Digital Project Operations must have a passion for great customer experiences and empathize with users’ goals and challenges, demonstrating good instincts about consumer behavior and business dynamics. The Manager – Digital Project Operations will also work closely with the Product, Marketing, Sales Operations, Engineering Teams specifically focused on all things digital related to mobile piece of business in a fast-paced environment to partner and ensure digital products and projects are followed through on. Finally, the Manager – Digital Project Operations must have experience working with Executive level stakeholders on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate combines creativity and strategic thinking and knows how to connect content and digital experiences directly to business growth objectives. Applicants should be familiar with how websites are built and have an eye for catching bugs while producing great-looking web page layouts.
- Oversee a team of four dedicated Project Mangers
- Management of day-to-day requests, including offer updates, new page creation, and various other content updates
- Large scale project management oversight: Managing, at a senior project level, the redesign of company website. This includes working with 3rd Party Development and Design vendors. There are other large-scale projects on the roadmap including a redesign of a self care portal.
- Management of day to day and small-scale projects that need to be trafficked through internal IT partners, and released through overnight deployments
- QA of all content updates ahead of delivering to the business for review and approval
Key Non-Reporting Relationships:
- Marketing and Creative Services - Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers: Collaborates and documents business requirements, timelines, meeting agendas, notes and next steps.
- Website Design and Development – Directors, Managers and Developers: Collaborates with UX on product design
- eCommerce & Sales Operations – Vice President’s, Directors and Managers: Collaborates and documents business requirements, timelines, meeting agendas, notes and next steps.
- Operations/Systems Teams (Internal & External): Provide input and direction for project management of system development, enhancement, or maintenance.
- Client mobile team: Collaborates and documents business requirements, timelines, meeting agendas, notes and next steps.
- Compliance/Legal: Engages to ensure tactics and actions being taken are within legal boundaries
Relationship Building and Management (30%)
- Collaborate with internal development team, Product, Marketing, Creative Services, eCommerce, Sales Operations, Operations/Systems Teams (Internal & External), Compliance/Legal and lines of business stakeholders to understand the feasibility and subsequent deliverability of the solution.
- Lead team of four, allocating work and coverage of requests, sometimes during off hours and weekends
- Understand determining and communicating prioritization of requests, updates, or issue resolution
Project Management (30%)
- Gather, document, and clearly communicate various project requirements from business and project teams using various project methodologies.
- Develop and effectively communicate project approach, scope, control, assignments, communication, and timeline. Quickly identify and provide visibility to any variances.
- Provide project team with guidance as required to ensure progress is sustained and project goals are fulfilled.
- Facilitate and disseminate meeting agendas, notes & next steps.
- Projects expert retaining and communicating of all project history.
- Support the development of project management programs and processes.
Product Optimization Analysis (10%)
- Provide recommendations on overall definition of vision and roadmap and how it coordinates with the larger technology roadmap for the business.
- Analyze support issues to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
Issue Triage and Resolution (15%)
- Ensure site is operational and meets service level agreements (SLAs).
- Monitor systems, communicate performance against SLAs and manage all product issues.
- Identify, replicate, and document issue details.
- Prioritize issues and inquiries. Manage internal escalation and resolution of issues.
- Track and monitor issues; provide regular reporting / analysis.
- Partner with IT, Content Management and Business stakeholders to troubleshoot issues.
- Analyze issue for root cause and categorize (bug, enhancement, or user error).
- Identify, communicate, and document fixes and workarounds.
- Ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
Issue Prevention (15%)
- Provide recommendations to business team based on customer feedback and known issue areas.
- Based on known problem areas, provide specific feedback
- 8-10 years’ experience in digital project development/management
- 3-5 years’ experience managing direct staff
- Mastering of project management methodology & documentation, knowledge of Agile is a plus
- Website creation, redesign, and/or design management a plus, but not required
- Ability to multi-task and deliver upon numerous objectives/goals
- Strong computer, reporting & presentation skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the digital environment and evolving tools and platforms used to improve online presence. Able to translate trends into brand right business opportunities
- High degree of independent leadership, critical thinking, communication, accountability, analytical and teamwork skills
- Experience working directly with Executive level stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree