Data Solutions Manager
New York, NY
|Date Posted||June 28, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Challenging conventional digital methods by merging the best talent from strategy, media, creative, design and DTC, our client is an independent full-funnel marketing, advertising, and design company that creates breakthrough campaigns! Going against tradition, they created a new way of working to bridge the gap between meaningful storytelling, data-led optimizations, and commerce. Curiosity, relentless creativity, and data informed decision-making defines their culture and people.
The Data Solutions team is responsible for automation and scaling of the data analysis & reporting efforts. The Data Solutions Manager will work hand-in-hand with our client-facing teams to capture reporting requirements, optimize media taxonomies, translate media data into client-friendly insights, and develop fully automated reports & dashboards. This individual will have the flexibility to leverage any combination of our data lake, Google BigQuery and R/Python coding in order to deliver on this objective.
With expertise in automation and dashboarding, you will be a key technical consultant and architect of transforming raw data into actionable insights. Working cross-functionally, you will frequently interact with the client's Media Solutions & Activation teams to ideate, develop, and iterate on all key data projects across the media book of business.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on the Media Solutions & Activation teams to understand the existing reporting landscape and capture requirements for all automated reporting.
- Build and maintain client-facing dashboards in Google Data Studio.
- Develop R and/or Python code to load/transform/merge datasets & conduct analysis of media and creative data.
- Lead QA of reporting inputs & outputs to proactively identify & resolve any potential data issues.
- Develop products that can be used by the client's Media client teams to facilitate their own self-service reporting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data & analytics roles
- Technical expertise in SQL and Python or R; strong proficiency in Excel
- Prior experience in dashboard development via Google Data Studio or similar dashboarding tools (Tableau, Datorama, etc.)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated record of excelling in previous roles & responsibilities
- Aptitude and dedication to thrive in a dynamic and deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (and/or equivalent, relevant work experience)
- Prior experience within digital/social marketing data is a strong plus