New York, New York
|Date Posted||July 19, 2021|
Our client is large law firm committed to providing legal advice and service to clients delivering a full range of services in both litigation and commercial law. They are seeking a Benefits Manager to join their team!
Direct and plan on-going operations of the Firm’s group benefit programs and retirement plan programs as an active member of the Human Resources Department
- Report to the Senior Manager of Human Resources and Benefits
- Maintain and modify benefits programs and data to be current, competitive in the market, and in compliance
- Educate the partners and employees programs
- Oversee the Benefits Assistant
- Liaise between the vendors and partners and employees
- Oversee employee programs and transfers due to status changes, approvals on loans and withdrawals, semi-monthly payroll contributions, salary updates and life events
- Work with internal legal counsel
- Review benefits-related invoices
- Work in collaboration with the Finance team
- Maintain relationship with the Firm’s Insurance Broker
- File annual notices required by law
- Responsible for data and informational communications via several outlets within the Firm
- Maintain and negotiate the Firm’s annual renewals
- Develop an annual benefits budget
- Monitor and manage administrative costs of benefits programs
- Perform other departmental and job related projects
- Salary $150,000 a year
- Exceptional Benefits Package
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 6+ years of benefits experience in a law firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds, required.
- Knowledge of UltiPro, preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Ability to work with other managers and employees at all levels in a collaborative and collegial environment, required.
- Provide functional guidance for administrative support needs, required.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, required.