Associate Director, Performance Media
New York, NY
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
Marketing & Media
Our client pushes the envelope using leading-edge marketing, creative and experiential technologies to connect with consumers & audiences. Conventional ways aren’t enough! Their category insights, data and expert media strategy leads to their outstanding out of the box results.
As the Associate Director, Performance Media you will oversee a team of media strategists that manage all the performance campaigns. You are passionate about performance media and managing and coaching emerging talent is what gives you energy. You love to partner with clients and advise them on how to solve complex media challenges. You take great pride in getting forecasts right and more importantly beating expectations. If you don't achieve the planned results, you will try everything to find the right solutions.
- Create state of the art sophisticated performance media strategies that enable clients to exceed their business goals
- Manage large scale, complex paid media campaigns across Paid Search, programmatic channels and social platforms such as Google Ads, Bing, Kenshoo, DV360 and Facebook
- Use third party research to define and segment audiences and outline addressable targets for media buying while keeping creative teams in tune with platform guidelines and new ad product developments
- Map cultural market trends, research and analyze market place and social media data to inform and guide media activity
- Identify, understand and adopt new techniques and emerging technologies as relevant to clients’ digital media strategies
- Partner with Marketing Sciences, Analysts and IAT to guide measurement planning, campaign analysis, reporting and optimization recommendations
- Lead the development of specific program components such as presentations, media plans, media agreements, RFPs, client reporting and optimization strategies
- Identify and grow business opportunities with current and new clients through innovative thought leadership and industry relationships
- 10+ years of online/digital media planning and negotiating in an integrated and/or media agency
- 7+ years’ experience managing a team and min 2-3 years in a Media Director role
- Deep expertise in leading multi-million dollar Paid Search, programmatic and performance social programs
- Fluent in account strategy and structure development, campaign implementation, optimizations and analysis.
- Past experience in Shopping campaigns, 3rd party feed management tools and business rule recommendations.
- Direct Response experience with full comprehension of business goals and DR best practices; past experience and deep understanding of the e-comm environment.
- Deep understanding of the role of each paid channel, assisting with developing strategies for all media buys and ensuring full implementation and delivery of results.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, and the ability to distill and analyze reporting and data into compelling insights and actionable strategies for clients