Art Director, Digital
New York, NY, United States
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
If you’re someone who loves to concept and design disruptive digital experiences, with a passion for branding, for major top-tier brands who want to sell things, with a personality that is both hardworking and hilarious, this opportunity is for you.
Their culture: Laid back but responsible.
Their goal: Create. Tell. Sell.
Their adage: Onwards and Upwards.
In this role you will be responsible for owning the overall look + feel of high-profile digital brand experiences from concept to completion + support business development team on a variety of high-profile projects & pitches, and lead teams to the finish line. This is an opportunity to drive key concept and design processes and create trends across Fashion + Tech categories (among others). The ideal candidate is energetic, hard-working, loves to laugh, and obsessed with digital trends, with a portfolio of standout work under their belt. If you’re an innovative visual “storyteller”, a thinker AND a doer, looking to join a fast moving, highly collaborative ego-free team of digital and brand experts – you are going to love this agency. If you love to concept and create disruptive human-centered designs to solve complex business goals and needs – you are going to thrive at this agency.
What you’ll be:
- Lead teams in solving clients’ challenges, build strong client relationships, and communicate deliverables clearly and succinctly
- Think holistically about the brand experience and brand identity, with concepts & design rooted in strategy.
- Collaborate with production and cross-functional teams to ensure the brand message is at the forefront of all content and campaigns.
- Concept and deliver design solutions that establish an aspirational and emotional bond between user and system while overtly and clearly communicating the intended message and motivating consumers to carry out their tasks.
- Oversee creative work execution through implementation, incorporating creative direction, adhering to timelines, and budgets.
- Design innovative disruptive user interfaces that result in improved human experience/productivity
- Contribute to the creation of innovative (digital and physical) concepts through active participation in various idea-generating design sessions.
- Ensure a consistent and coherent brand message across all forms of communication and digital experiences.
- Deliver formidable designs rooted in consumer insights and strategy.
- Stay current and strategically employ the latest industry and design trends to continuously improve aesthetic and production processes.
- Contribute to a fluid and scalable design system of style guides, pattern libraries and other brand-specific components – establishing a vision for various components fit together to deliver a cohesive and clearly identifiable brand experience.
- Design visual artifacts including, but not limited to mood boards, concept “sketches”, comps, storyboards, animation, print material, apparel designs, and presentations.
- Assist the business development team in client-facing pitches, deck creation, estimations, and proposals
- Communicate with staff to provide direction, feedback, and design decisions
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, including client management
Who you already are
- 6-9 years professional experience (or equivalent post-graduate education) in Creative Design, Interactive Design, Digital Media, Branding or similar. Agency experience is a must!
- E-commerce experience is not required, but a big plus!
- Brand identity concept & design, major plus!
- Exceptional design portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking and ability to define aesthetic for connected experiences.
- Master of color, composition, type, form and narrative.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks (ad hoc and/or planned) in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage complex schedules and deliver projects on time and on budget; be reliable and react quickly and smoothly to changes.
- Experience supervising and mentoring a team include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Expert knowledge of creative design and development process.
“PS: You’ll hate this job if you’re a robot!”