Senior UI Designer
New York, NY, United States
|Date Posted||November 11, 2019|
If you’re someone who loves to design disruptive digital experiences for major top-tier brands who want to sell things, with a personality that is both hardworking and hilarious, this opportunity is for you.
Our client is seeking a Senior UI Designer experienced with e-commerce + experience design, a typography champion, and aesthetically masterful who loves fashion + tech. Their culture: Laid back but responsible. The goal: Create. Tell. Sell.
In this role you will be responsible for owning the overall look + feel of digital experiences from concept to completion + support business development team on a variety of high-profile projects & pitches, and lead teams to the finish line. This is an opportunity to drive key design processes and create trends across Fashion + Tech categories. The ideal candidate is energetic, hard-working, loves to laugh, obsessed with digital trends, with a portfolio of standout digital work under their belt. If you’re an innovative visual “storyteller”, a thinker AND a doer, looking to join a fast moving, collaborative team of eCommerce experts – you are going to love this agency.
What you’ll be:
- Lead teams in solving clients’ design challenges, build strong client relationships, and communicate design deliverables clearly and succinctly
- Think holistically about the experience and collaborate with production and cross-functional teams to ensure the brand message is at the forefront of all content and campaigns.
- Deliver design solutions that establish an aspirational and emotional bond between user and system while overtly and clearly communicating the intended message and motivating consumers to carry out their tasks.
- Oversee creative work execution through implementation, adhering to creative direction, requirements, timelines, and budgets.
- Design innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Contribute to the creation of innovative (digital and physical) concepts through active participation in various idea-generating design sessions.
- Ensure a consistent and coherent brand message across all forms of communication and digital experiences.
- Deliver formidable designs rooted in consumer insights.
- Stay current and strategically employ the latest industry and design trends to continuously improve aesthetic and production processes.
- Contribute to a fluid and scalable design system of style guides, pattern libraries and other brand-specific components – establishing a vision for various components fit together to deliver a cohesive and clearly identifiable brand experience.
- Design visual artifacts including, but not limited to mood boards, concept “sketches”, comps, storyboards, animation, print material, apparel designs, and presentations.
- Assist the business development team in client-facing pitches, deck creation, estimations, and proposals
- Communicate with staff to provide direction, feedback, and design decisions
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, including client management
Who you are:
- 5-10 years professional experience (or equivalent post-graduate education) in Creative Design, Interactive Design, Digital Media, or similar.
- E-commerce experience AND agency experience is a must.
- It’s all about the work: Exceptional digital design portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking and ability to define aesthetic for connected experiences.
- Master of color, composition, type, form and narrative.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks (ad hoc and/or planned) in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile development environment.
- Ability to manage complex content schedules and deliver projects on time and on budget; be reliable, and react quickly and smoothly to changes.
- Experience supervising and mentoring a team include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Expert knowledge of creative design and development process.
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Sketch, Zeplin (ideally)
PS: You’ll hate this job if you’re a robot.