Senior Tax Accountant
New York, United States
|Date Posted||March 12, 2019|
Finance & Accounting
A Senior Tax Accountant is needed at our Client, a large, international law firm.
Heavy focus on Partnership, Salary: $115k+
Senior Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- Support foreign operations with international tax matters (e.g., tax law changes, local tax planning, intercompany charge out allocations, transfer pricing documentation).
- Assist with documentation, review and month end accounting for international transfer pricing.
- Review local country finance manager prepared annual taxable income calculations, work-paper documentation and calculations in support of book-to-tax adjustments for the income tax provisions under local country GAAP and ASC 740.
- Collaborate with external accounting firm.
- Prepare internal tax memos to provide advice and document procedures.
- Assists with managing ad hoc internal customer tax inquiries, suggest solutions.
Senior Tax Accountant Technical Competencies:
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to make sound business decisions and able to accurately balance risks with business needs.
Senior Tax Accountant Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field;
- 4+ years of Federal and U.S. international tax experience, gained in public or corporate accounting