Senior Payroll Specialist
New York, NY, United States
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
Our Client is a premier strategic financial and advisory firm located in Manhattan, serving high net worth individuals. They are seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to join their team. This person will be responsible for handling all client payroll operations and will be reporting to the Manager of Payroll Operations. This position will begin remotely for a few months.
Excellent benefits package includes: 100% funded health, vision, dental, 401K, generous PTO and paid holidays, free snacks, discounted health club membership
- Overseeing the day-to-day payroll operations activities including weekly, semi-monthly and monthly processing and validation of all client payrolls
- Working closely with HR, Accounting, Tax and other internal teams to research and resolve payroll inquiries to determine the root cause of any problems
- Overseeing Junior Payroll staff and ensuring all team members meet all deadlines
- Guide and support payroll procedures to ensure accuracy and an efficiency while working closely with the Payroll Analyst.
- Assisting in the quarterly reconciliation of (941’s, SOD and W2’s)
- Working with Manager of Payroll Operations on developing and implementation of new procedures/practices
- Supporting the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment processes, including data audit and reconciliation.
- 8-12 years of experience processing and reviewing multi-state payrolls for 500+ employees
- Experience working with weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payrolls
- Experience using HRIS/Payroll software, such as ADP Workforce Now or equivalent
- Experience implementing an HRIS or payroll system
- Handle highly confidential information in a professional manner by exercising extreme discretion
- Proficient Microsoft Office and excel skills (e.g., VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, data analysis, variance analysis, filters and conditional formatting)
- Need excellent organizational and communication skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Federal, State & Local tax laws is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- Experience working in Financial or Professional Services/Family Office preferred
Salary: $100k + Bonus