Legal Administrative Assistant
New York, United States
|Date Posted||January 23, 2019|
If you have prior legal administrative support experience and are looking for a change in your career, Gainor Staffing has an opportunity for you. Our client is a global law firm in search of a Legal Administrative Assistant to join their New York City office. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and thrive in a collaborative environment. This role supports the Global Managing Partner and requires a high level of professionalism and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for stability, experience at a world-renowned firm, and great work/life balance. Additional benefits include: 401K plan, paid holidays, and generous PTO and benefits package!
Legal Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Heavy strategic calendaring in Outlook. Manage contacts lists in Outlook.
- Assist in preparing and editing legal correspondence and documents
- Compose, edit, format and proofread emails, letters, memos and other documents using Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, DM and Workshare Compare
- Handle all aspects of bill preparation, including: initiate pro formas; review, categorize and transfer time entries; finalize bills for partner review; mail or submit bills electronically; track outstanding client bills and follow up with partners, clients or revenue group to resolve payment or outstanding issues
- Submit expense reports using Chrome River
- Assist with the coordination of business development, marketing, social and other events
Legal Administrative Assistant Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Legal Secretary, Legal Administrative Assistant or Admin in Professional Services
- Hands on legal billing experience highly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong word processing skills and the ability to prepare legal documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills