Human Resources Coordinator - Media
New York, United States
|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
Gainor Staffing is representing a media company who is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator in their Manhattan office. As the Human Resources Coordinator, your responsibilities for the company have a large impact. Properly onboarding new employees while taking care of current employees will lead to a higher retention rate and greater overall success for the company.
This position will help you build your career as an HR professional, while working amongst a collaborative and supportive team. It offers a great work/ life balance with additional benefits such as paid medical coverage and PTO.
Human Resources Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Coordinate first day logistics including sending out HR paper work prior to new hire start date
- Process, save and submit all appropriate paperwork. Liaise with payroll and benefits broker
- Manage the background check process
- Execute new hire orientation
- Answer general employee questions
- Schedule all in-person interviews and writing assessments
- Assist with the interview process including reconfirming date and time with candidates, ensuring employees are on time to their interviews, distributing resumes, etc.
- Take part in review process for each employee including scheduling, tracking, and ensuring forms are complete
- Administrative duties such as calendar management, organize files, create schedules, help with phone coverage, research as needed, and liaise with finance and payroll
Human Resources Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of HR experience
- Extremely organized with close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills