Administrative Assistant (temp)
New York, United States
|Date Posted||July 23, 2019|
Our client, a large real estate investment trust, is seeking a Temporary Administrative Assistant in the Legal Department of their New York office.
This company holds a superior track record in developing premium Central Business District office buildings, suburban office centers and build-to-suit projects for the U.S. government and a diverse array of creditworthy tenants.
This position will provide support to the Legal Department staff and will report to the SVP and VP of Legal.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Legal Department in all areas including real estate leasing, contract review, drafting and litigation.
- Expert in blacklining, track changes, and multiple document comparison using Microsoft Word.
- Prepare for processing and track payment of legal invoices from external counsel.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Screen, handle and place telephone calls for staff as assigned. Schedule conference calls, meetings, and calendar events.
- Arrange for courier or overnight services and regular and certified mail.
- Assist in-house and outside counsel by preparing documents and other information.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining files for department.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible legal administrative support experience required
- Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Prior experience as professional assistant in Legal & Compliance preferred
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite; Expert in Microsoft Word required
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
Salary- $25 - $27 per Hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm (flexible to meet business needs)