Human Resources Assistant
New York, United States
|Date Posted||October 24, 2018|
Gainor Staffing is representing a media company who is looking for a Human Resources Assistant in their Manhattan office. As the Human Resources Assistant, your responsibilities for the company will have a large impact. Properly onboarding new employees while taking care of current employees will lead to a higher retention rate and greater overall success for the company. General responsibilities are heavily administrative but will allow the opportunity for exposure into all areas of Human Resources.
This position will help you build your career as an HR professional, while working amongst a collaborative and supportive team. It offers a great work/ life balance with additional benefits such as paid medical coverage, bonus, and PTO.
Human Resources Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Coordinate first day logistics including sending out HR paper work prior to new hire start date
- Process, save and submit all appropriate paperwork. Liaise with payroll and benefits broker.
- Manage the background check process
- Execute new hire orientation
- Answer general employee questions regarding benefits, PTO, etc.
- Schedule all in-person interviews and writing assessments
- Assist with the interview process including reconfirming date and time with candidates, ensuring employees are on time to their interviews, distributing resumes, etc.
- Take part in review process for each employee including scheduling, tracking, and ensuring forms are complete
- Administrative duties such as calendar management, organize files, create schedules, help with phone coverage, research as needed, and liaise with finance and payroll
Human Resources Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of HR experience
- Extremely organized with close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Salary: $75k + Bonus